Drywall Removal Burnaby – Tips and Tricks
Drywall Removal Burnaby | Construction and renovations can be a daunting task, but worry not! Whether you’re a DIY enthusiast or a contractor overseeing projects for clients, managing the surplus of materials can be overwhelming. That’s where we come in to lend a hand! We specialize in removing various construction materials, including wood, insulation, metals, plastics, and, of course, drywall. Our efficient team of two professionals will handle all the loading and lifting for you, regardless of whether the waste is inside apartments, condos, houses, or even outdoors. Simply point us in the right direction, and consider it gone.
Among the materials that pose disposal challenges, drywall takes the lead. Strict regulations govern its proper handling, and the penalties for non-compliance can be steep. However, we strive to make drywall recycling a hassle-free experience for you. Any drywall we collect must either have a date stamp or be accompanied by a testing sheet, indicating that it has been tested within the last 6 months. To ensure your next project goes smoothly, we’ve compiled a list of helpful tips that you’ll find invaluable.
Drywall Recycling Procedures and Tips
- If you are in the process of installing new drywall, we highly advise cutting out a drywall date stamp right at the beginning and setting it aside for proper disposal. In some cases, the offcuts from new drywall installations may not display a date stamp. To ensure recyclability, testing would be required for the entire load. However, by setting aside a piece with a date stamp, you can bypass the testing requirement altogether.
- When it comes to removing old drywall from a unit, we strongly recommend conducting testing prior to commencing any demolition work. This step is crucial to ensure that the drywall does not contain asbestos. Below, we have provided a list of testing facilities for your convenience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the testing facilities, please feel free to call us at 604-505-5865.
- If you have already begun the drywall removal process, we suggest keeping a vigilant eye out for any pieces with date stamps and placing them in a secure location. By preserving a piece that bears a date stamp, you can eliminate the need for asbestos testing on the drywall.
Drywall Testing Facilities
If you are needing to test your drywall, here is a list of facilities that we recommend:
- Weshar: http://www.weshar.com/ (Lower Mainland)
- DG Environmental: https://www.dgenvironmental.ca/ (Tri-Cities)
- Urban Environmental: https://www.urbanenvironmental.ca/ (Fraser Valley)
Other materials like wood, metals and plastics are all taken to a private transfer station. The materials are all sorted and recycled accordingly by placed in separate piles or bins. This helps us do our part to keep your material out of the landfill.
Give us a call at 604-505-5865 seven-days a week to learn more about drywall recycling procedures. We can schedule your next pick up to free up space for your renovation.
Request more information regarding drywall removal
Tags: Drywall Removal Burnaby, Burnaby Drywall Removal, Drywall Recycling Burnaby, Burnaby Drywall Recycling