LEED Construction Waste Management
505-Junk specializes in LEED Construction Waste Management for developers, builders, and general contractors throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley regions. The following article will explain why we are the leaders for LEED Construction Waste Management.
LEED: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the most used green building rating system. Available for virtually all building, community and home project types, LEED provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings.
LEED requires all construction materials being recycled or disposed of to be tracked by the exact weight. Each type of material must be tracked separately and taken to an approved recycling supplier with an end-use letter. This proves that you are recycling and disposing of all materials from your sites correctly.
Why LEED is important to 505-Junk
505-Junk has found a strong passion for working on LEED projects. It is our purpose to recycle and donate as much material as possible. We make sure to minimize materials going to landfills to do our part and keep our the communities green. Working with a number of transfer stations and recycling facilities, 505-Junk has built strong relationships to make sure that all your materials are disposed of correctly to meet LEED standards.
How we can help with LEED Construction Waste Management
One of the biggest advantage of partnering with 505-Junk is that all of our trucks are equipped with government-certified scales. This allows us to weigh each material separately onsite for you, enabling us to take multiple types of materials in one single load. We print a weight ticket for each material type loaded and file it for your project. This means that you no longer have to wait untill you have a full load of one material before getting your site cleaned up!
As we work on your LEED project with you, we enter all the metrics in our custom built template to track the amount of materials recycled per pickup, per job and/or per building. We then send bi-weekly reports to track your diversion rate, which means you can make proactive decisions on how to optimize your waste diversion.
Types of LEED projects 505-Junk manages
- High-rise projects: 505-Junk is currently working on a 1-year long high-rise project recycling all plastic, cardboard, and garbage debris
- The client requires 505-Junk to schedule recurring pickups twice per week to maintain a clean site for their trades
- 505-Junk advised the client on temporary storage of material
- The client requires bi-weekly reporting to submit to their LEED consultant
- Tenant improvement projects: 505-Junk has managed the loading, transportation, and disposal of various material types for an industry-leading general contractor
- The client required 505-Junk to load multiple types of material into the truck and recycle it at various locations throughout the Lower Mainland
- The client required bi-weekly reporting to submit to their LEED consultant
Constantly improving our systems for our clients
LEED is constantly changing their process to make sure that we are building and developing green-friendly building and communities. We make sure to stay relevant with these changes and base our business model around similar values to them. At the end of the day, the earth is what we all have in common, and it is our responsibility to recycle whenever possible.
Set up a meeting today
To set up a meeting for a free consultation on your LEED project, call 604-505-5865 or email us at email@example.com.